Sunday, July 24, 2005

Where does the time go?

We are still busy working on the studio. I haven't had much time to do any Illo Fridays. I have had the ideas, just no time.

I have been cutting out images from magazines to do compositions for cards for my mother, who had knee replacement surgery.

I love doing collages anyway. It is relaxing and sure makes the time go faster at work. I am always amazed when someone comments on how talented or how good a collage looks.

I mean it's just cutting and pasting. Everyone can do that.

Pieces Playing with layout 2 completed cards

Just do it. Try it. It's only old magazines. Supplies consist of scissors and a glue stick. Card Stock, if you like or just glue cut-outs on top of old cards. Recycle.
Let your inner child, artist out. Have fun.

4 comments:

pam peters said...

I also love collages and sltered art,....you should visit http://www.zneart.com/

andrea said...

Looks like fun. Have you ever done polymer transfers using acrylic medium? Great for collage on canvas or mixed media pieces.

Dawn said...

Hi Pampe, thanks for commenting. Thanks for the link. I checked it out. I will definitely be joining one way or another.

And I will be looking around your site as well.

Dawn said...

Hi Andrea,

It is fun and relaxing. Too bad magazines are copyright protected I would love to do Big Art using images that cut up from old ones.

But for a family member I didn't think BH&G would get to upset.

Years ago I did a few transfers that way. Carol Duvall showed us how back then on her crafty show.

I am sure there has got to be a better way to do it now though.

When I do collages that need to last a bit I use a topcoat from Tri-Chem called Chemage. Sort a glue, sort a decoupage mediumm, but it is tough as nails.

I like to decorate blown out eggs around Easter. I put this Chemage on finished eggs to protect them. I don't have any broken ones, even those I ship through USPS.

Thanks for commenting.