This week's topic for Friday November 23rd suggested by Robyn: THE RANDOM 7!
" 7 random facts/ studio habits. For example:
1. I cant begin my art until there is a a mug of hot coffee next to me and soft music playing in the background.
2. I have a good luck charm in my desk drawer. (It is a the third vertebra of a monkey or whatever)
It's just fun and some very unusual facts sometimes surface. We see lots of tagging but not studio oddities."
1) I have a studio!
2) It's a double garage converted into 2/3 part studio, 1/3 part library & my kiddo's hang out room. It has a propane wall heater, window AC, natural light from the North (and West)
3) I can't use my studio! Due to ALL the STUFF we (my kiddo and I) have stashed in there during our decluttering of the house in preparation to move when my farm sells.
4) Most of my "Arting" and "Crafting" materials are in my studio... Yep makes it hard to get to my materials due to ALL the STUFF in the way. (no way am I showing you a photo of that mess)
5) I believe all the Art on my Blog has been created while I am working at my real job!
6) Color pencils are a great portable medium. When I am ready to "color" in a sketch I select my colors then proceed to sharpen each pencil before I begin.
7) I do create "crafty" things at home, on my drafting table or dining room table. I have a corner in the great room with big desk to hold desktop computer, printer, scanner...drafting table and material table.
* the floor plan of the house I want to build or buy has a family/game room perfect for a studio. I want to paint one wall white,one pink/sorta fuchsia, one a golden yellow, and the wall with windows a turquoise.
NaNoWriMo Update: 38,456 words...didn't make it, but I had a wonderful afternoon and early evening with my daughter.