Friday, August 05, 2005

Sketchbooks

Submission for Studio Friday

Sketchbooks

I draw, doodle, sketch, glue cut-outs from magazines, doodle, and draw some more.

I doodle when I don't have anything exactly in mind to draw. I have been quite pleased with a couple of them.

I even convince co-workers to doodle when they comment on my "art". The sketchbook page on the right was doodled by Diana, who said "Oh I can't do those. I am not that creative" ... she doodled, I colored them in. I think the fish came out quite well.

I am a firm believer that if you just DO it, you will be amazed at what you can DO.

Every child is an artist. It's when we grow up that we forget that.

And it's fun. It sure helps the day at work go faster that's for sure.

The sketchbook with the field and bugs is full.

The one standing up is one that I am doing my collage stuff in and I am now using it for Illustration Friday, too.

For the collages I paste interesting images cut from old magazines, well some aren't to old, I have been known to come close to snatching a current magazine from a co-worker when I see something that I just have to have for a collage. They humor me quite well.

The cut-outs serve as inspiration for me to draw something to go with them.

Somewhere packed away I have many other sketchbooks from years gone by. Eventually as I fix up my studio area and unpack all those boxes I will find my old "friends" again.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dawn,

Welcome to 'Studio Friday'!!
I love that you have different sketchbooks for different types of art you do. That is so neat! In mine it is all one big craziness.
Your collages are so neat, I like the different shapes and colors. The birdhouse with the Birdie on the twig is so cute!!

Anonymous said...

Great sketchbooks, I can tell you totally enjoy your sketching.

isay said...

love your drawings a lot and they are neatly done! cheers!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you've had some fun times with these sketchbooks. Very inspiring. It's nice to hear that you get other people to draw too, even if they think they can't.

wynlen
wynleDesign

Heather said...

Lovely work!

Hello, Michele sent me!

Anonymous said...

I love you doodles. Very nice! Michele sent me!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for giving us a peek into your note/sketchbooks! I like the way you have combined sketch with collage... very inspiring!

Bea said...

Yes, love that combination, too! Really neat!

bee'nme said...

Glad you're here sharing your world with all of us!! It's great that you encourage others to draw! Love your really cool stuff!!

Anonymous said...

The dragonfly looks like it is having so much fun flying around the bird house. And I love your rolling hills picture, I could just climb on in and run around.

Anonymous said...

I like the collage page and the Celebrate August - nice spread!

Dawn said...

Thanks for all the comments. I believe I made it around to each of your blogs to comment on your sketch book sharing.

Life was way to hectic that week to answer each comment here.

I will attempt to keep on top of them in the next go round of Studio Friday.